Friday, February 20, 2009

8GB RAM on 32bit Operating System

Well for some of u who dun, the computer we are using can either be 32bit (currenty almost ALL are using) and 64bit... of course using 64 bit is "suppose" to be much better BUT the issue is software and hardware compability. Some may say "what the heck do i need 8gb of ram???" well for me as a online gamers.. i DO need that much RAM muahahahaha ok lets go back to the issue now....

As some of us now, windows XP only permit us up to 4gb of ram.. if u put 8gb also it will only detect 4gb, Vista also the same.. unless u r using 64bit operating system.. well , i found out recently that eventhough u r using 32bit vista, if u update/patch it to Service Pack 1 u CAN (hooray) use 8GB RAM.. and they is a different in terms of perfomance in the cpu..

Right now im always online with Granado Espada and afk'ing my character.. and the same time i will play World of Warcraft.. and if away my wife will alt+tab both and surf the net (facebook)... and my pc doesnt hang or lag..

2 comments:

  1. I am not a gamer so 2GB enough at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. last time 1GB is enough for me.. when i started playing on9 game and become hardcore (before got daughter) thats when my ram become 4GB and now 8GB....

    ReplyDelete